New Release Notes: The Open Voice Factory Enhancements
We’re delighted to announce a bundle of updates to The Open Voice Factory that will enhance user experience and functionality, particularly in relation to feedback, error handling, and usability.
1. Improved User Feedback and Logging
- The most obvious change is the upload page now has a progress bar so you can see how much of your file has been uploaded.
- Error messages have been rewritten to be more user-friendly and informative.
- A bunch of extra checks so that users get a much more exact reason for any issues.
- The whole system for giving feedback to the users has been rewritten and is now much more nicely laid out.
- There are now warnings given if users upload a pageset that has unreachable pages in it (or two pages with the same name)
2. Robust Code
- There’s been a lot of refactoring and straightforward rewriting
- The create.sh script is entirely rewritten as is upload.php
- The Pageset class NO longer stores the grid_size as it’s only relevant to the grids, simplifying the data model.
- A host of small TODO items have been fixed to make the code more presentable and readable.
- There was an issue where files that generated too many comments could cause a 414 error – that’s been fixed.
- Several bugs relating to setting up OVF on a new machine have been fixed.
All these updates pave the way for more stable, reliable, and user-friendly experiences with The Open Voice Factory. We’ll keep iterating and improving, and as always, your feedback is invaluable in this. Don’t hesitate to reach out with your thoughts, issues, or kudos!
Thank you for being with us on this journey, and we’re excited to continue building and improving alongside our incredible user base.
Joe Reddington and The Open Voice Factory Team.