Skip to content
- This blog is all about a brilliant new community and website that will be launching soon to promote collaboration around disability and innovation in technology.
- The community and its website are the outcome of the Office for Disability Issues’ Hackcessibility hack day at Google’s Campus London earlier this year, and the follow-up showcase event in the House of Lords, where we brought together experts to think about how to use technology to solve accessibility issues.
- Hack Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAol9XrQrfY.
- Showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc48ijjlDzU
- Work on this project has since uncovered a community of like-minded individuals and businesses who are engaged in using technology to improve accessibility for disabled people. In order to promote the amazing work being achieved by the community, and build momentum, we have developed OpenLab.
- The OpenLab ambition is to realise the power of inclusivity and show the UK positive change for disabled people. We are an action-driven network of influencers who put people before problems. We uncover opportunity for all through inclusive design, clever thinking and great business. We show the world the power of change from the seeds of small, but impactful collaborative experiments.
- The website isn’t yet live, but we’re if you’re aware of any upcoming events you think should be promoted, or have seen a news article that may interest other OpenLab members, then please let them know the details.
- Most importantly, if you would like to share what you’re doing around disability and technology innovation, do get in touch with them at CHARLOTTE.FARROW@dwp.gsi.gov.uk